Call for Proposals – 3D Printed Museum Competition
The Research Institute for the Humanities (RIH) and the University Library invite proposals from the Faculty of Arts student community to form teams to participate in a 3D Printed Museum Competition.
3D Printed Museum Competition
- Competition theme: Recreating Hong Kong in the 1960s & 1970s
- This competition is open to CUHK Faculty of Arts undergraduate and postgraduate students only.
- Each team should have between two and three members.
- Knowledge of 3D printing and modeling is not required. A technical workshop will be provided to the shortlisted contestants.
- Each shortlisted team will be given $1,000 worth of 3D printing credits to produce their exhibits in the University Library’s MakerSpace.
- Each team must present five 3D printed objects related to the competition theme; at least two objects should be reproduced on the basis of 3D scanning.
- Exhibits may be displayed in the University Library following the competition.
- Prize: The winning team will receive $1,500 book vouchers, while the remaining shortlisted teams will receive $500 book vouchers each.
- Call for proposal deadline: 12 January 2024
Interested Faculty of Arts students should submit a proposal using this template.
To register 31 Oct 2023 (Tue) Briefing on 3D Printing & 3D Modeling please click here.
Completed proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 January 2024. Please send inquiries to the same email address as well.
First round results will be announced on 13 January 2024.